7 ideal tips for Surf Photographers
- – Make sure you have enough batteries and memory cards.
- – Choose the right shooting mode for the job: Aperture Priority(A or Av ) is the mode to choose if you want to control the depth of field – how sharp your photos are.
- – Learn to use the histogram for the rule of thirds.
- – Photography is really about composition and light – ensure the sun’s not shining directly into the camera.
- – Learn and practice using your Exposure Compensation: Exposure compensation is simply a way of telling the camera that the exposure it is picking is not what you want.
- – Consider purchasing an external hard drive to backup your pictures. Capturing epic shots on a good day, can easily ensure you reach 1000 images per session.
- – Keep your equipment clean and free of salt and sand. If possible, soak underwater photography equipment in fresh water after each use.